14th October 2017, 9.30am-3pm
At Saint John Payne school, Patching hall lane, Chelmsford, CM1 4BS
Come together with youth organisations & charities from across Essex to hear two challenging keynotes on hot topic issues affecting our young people
- Paul Secker, Head of safeguarding at Essex County Council
Paul will be speaking to us about C.S.E, sexting, online exploitation and much more; Sharing experience and encouragement for voluntary youth organisations who are trying to safely navigate the world of safeguarding.
- Gavin Mckenna, Director ‘Reach Every Generation’
Gavin will be speaking to us about the rise in gang culture within Essex, how voluntary youth groups can/should engage with them, and his own experiences of life in a gang.
Engage with workshops lead by some amazing organisations
Workshop choices: (You will have the opportunity to pick one morning workshop & one afternoon workshop)
- Essex boys and girl’s clubs– Young people and sports; why its works!
- Chelmsford Diocese– Young people, Spirituality and engaging them with the Church
- ECC youth service– How/what we should be measuring, recording & monitoring to help with future funding
- Scouts– Successfully training up and investing in young leaders
- Guides– Building self-esteem in young women in the modern age
- The children’s society– Effectively engaging with children and families living in poverty
- Interact– Engaging SEN young people in youth work- Breaking down the barriers
- Essex Safeguarding Children’s Board– Safe settings and safe youth work. What should we be doing?
Book in via http://bit.ly/2uI2Y46