GDPR is the buzz word giving everyone a headache!
This is the opportunity to come to a no-nonsense training session that will enable you to know exactly what it is that you need to put in place for your youth organisation in order to comply with GDPR regulations coming into play from May.
We have a fantastic trainer coming all the way from Portsmouth called Mark who is a highly qualified data compliance professional with many years experience in helping organisations of all sizes both in the UK and internationally. He runs his own consultancy and is an independent Data Protection Officer for a number of organisations, specialising in the achievement of GDPR compliant status.Mark really knows his stuff and will deliver in a down to earth way that will engage and inform. (Check out his website )
You will hear about the updates, see some examples, have a chance to ask questions and discuss what this might mean in practice for your organisation.
Each individual group/ Organisation will be given a FREE memory stick with a toolkit of information to help them through the process. (Only one will be allowed per group/ organisation)
This event is funded through our grant from ECC and FREE for ECVYS member organisations and just £10 for non-members. (See here for a list of member organisations or email Sharon if you are not sure if your organisation is a member.)
To make sure this course is easily accessible we are offering two time slots to choose from on the 17th April:
1.)10.00-12.00pm AND 2.)6.30pm-8.30pm
Both sessions are kindly being hosted by the Scouts at Skreens Park activity centre , Skreens Park Rd, Chelmsford CM1 4NL and coffee and cake will be served upon arrival.
We are expecting high demand for this training and so recommend you book in early. If uptake exceeds expectations then you will be put onto a waiting list.
TO BOOK your place:
NON ECVYS Members MUST book by using our eventbrite link here
ECVYS Members MUST book directly through our office. Please contact Sharon on Officeadmin@ecvys.org.uk Please let her know your full name, chosen time slot, and the name of your ECVYS member organisation.
OUR ECVYS Conference 2017
Thank you so much to all those whom attended our conference on the 14th October 2017.
(See details below)
Youth leaders and volunteers from across Essex came together to hear two challenging keynotes on hot topic issues affecting our young people, and engage with some fab workshops led by amazing youth organisations.
- Paul Secker, Head of safeguarding at Essex County Council
Paul spoke to us about C.S.E, sexting and online exploitation. Paul Shared his from experience and gave encouragement for voluntary youth organisations trying to safely navigate the world of safeguarding.
- Gavin Mckenna, Director ‘Reach Every Generation’
Gavin spoke to us about the rise in gang culture within Essex, how voluntary youth groups can/should engage with them, and his own experiences of life in a gang
Workshop choices: A.M
- Essex boys and girl’s clubs– Young people and sports; why its works!
- Chelmsford Diocese– Young people, Spirituality and engaging them with the Church
- ECC youth service– How/what we should be measuring, recording & monitoring to help with future funding
- Scouts– Successfully training up and investing in young leaders
Workshop choices: P.M
- Guides– Building self-esteem in young women in the modern age
- The children’s society– Effectively engaging with children and families living in poverty
- Interact– Engaging SEN young people in youth work- Breaking down the barriers
- Essex Safeguarding Children’s Board– Safe settings and safe youth work. What should we be doing?