The ECVYS Conference 2018 – Raising Youth Aspiration in Essex
13th October 2018, 9.30am-3pm, At Anglia Ruskin University, Bishop Hall Ln, Chelmsford CM1 1SQ
There are many factors that cause young people to disengage and have low aspirations but what exactly are they? How can we, as youth workers and volunteers in Essex work with these issues to best support our young people and help them to be the best that they can be? What could we achieve together to improve this support and be an even stronger community of youth organisations?
- The Right Revd Roger Morris, The Bishop of Colchester, Chelmsford Diocese
- Professor Iain Martin, The Vice Chancellor of Anglia Ruskin University.
Mental health, Gangs, Mentoring, Working with the whole family, Rural youth work, Essex Fire & Rescues youth work approach, Homelessness, and Working with ‘hard to reach’ young people.
If you are engaged in youth work in any way at all, then BOOK UP NOW to be a part of this brilliant day!
ECVYS members (for a discounted price of £10) https://bit.ly/2NJ5X25
Non members (£20) https://bit.ly/2NguWwu
*Ticket price includes a free yummy lunch from the University cafeteria
*The free lunch is only included if you book before the 5th October due to catering reasons.
Parking is available on site and the university parking barriers will be open. If you have any questions about this, or any other details about the day then email email@example.com
GDPR is the buzz word giving everyone a headache!
On the 17th April 2018 we gave organisations the opportunity to come to a no-nonsense training session about GDPR that enabled them to know exactly what they needed to put in place for their organisations in order to comply with GDPR regulations coming into play May 2018.
Our trainer was fantastic! Mark is a highly qualified data compliance professional with many years experience in helping organisations of all sizes both in the UK and internationally. (Check out his website )
Each individual group/ Organisation was also given a FREE memory stick with a toolkit of information to help them through the process.
This event is funded through our grant from ECC and FREE for ECVYS member organisations.
Here is a picture from each of our training sessions:
OUR ECVYS Conference 2017
Thank you so much to all those whom attended our conference on the 14th October 2017.
(See details below)
Youth leaders and volunteers from across Essex came together to hear two challenging keynotes on hot topic issues affecting our young people, and engage with some fab workshops led by amazing youth organisations.
- Paul Secker, Head of safeguarding at Essex County Council
Paul spoke to us about C.S.E, sexting and online exploitation. Paul Shared his from experience and gave encouragement for voluntary youth organisations trying to safely navigate the world of safeguarding.
- Gavin Mckenna, Director ‘Reach Every Generation’
Gavin spoke to us about the rise in gang culture within Essex, how voluntary youth groups can/should engage with them, and his own experiences of life in a gang
Workshop choices: A.M
- Essex boys and girl’s clubs– Young people and sports; why its works!
- Chelmsford Diocese– Young people, Spirituality and engaging them with the Church
- ECC youth service– How/what we should be measuring, recording & monitoring to help with future funding
- Scouts– Successfully training up and investing in young leaders
Workshop choices: P.M
- Guides– Building self-esteem in young women in the modern age
- The children’s society– Effectively engaging with children and families living in poverty
- Interact– Engaging SEN young people in youth work- Breaking down the barriers
- Essex Safeguarding Children’s Board– Safe settings and safe youth work. What should we be doing?