Latest Event Updates
14th October 2017, 9.30am-3pm
At Saint John Payne school, Patching hall lane, Chelmsford, CM1 4BS
Come together with youth organisations & charities from across Essex to hear two challenging keynotes on hot topic issues affecting our young people
- Paul Secker, Head of safeguarding at Essex County Council
Paul will be speaking to us about C.S.E, sexting, online exploitation and much more; Sharing experience and encouragement for voluntary youth organisations who are trying to safely navigate the world of safeguarding.
- Gavin Mckenna, Director ‘Reach Every Generation’
Gavin will be speaking to us about the rise in gang culture within Essex, how voluntary youth groups can/should engage with them, and his own experiences of life in a gang.
Engage with workshops lead by some amazing organisations
Workshop choices: (You will have the opportunity to pick one morning workshop & one afternoon workshop)
- Essex boys and girl’s clubs– Young people and sports; why its works!
- Chelmsford Diocese– Young people, Spirituality and engaging them with the Church
- ECC youth service– How/what we should be measuring, recording & monitoring to help with future funding
- Scouts– Successfully training up and investing in young leaders
- Guides– Building self-esteem in young women in the modern age
- The children’s society– Effectively engaging with children and families living in poverty
- Interact– Engaging SEN young people in youth work- Breaking down the barriers
- Essex Safeguarding Children’s Board– Safe settings and safe youth work. What should we be doing?
Book in via http://bit.ly/2uI2Y46
Only £5 for ECVYS members & £10 for non-members (Including lunch if you book before the 6th October)
Click on the link to see the NSPCC’s resource to help groups implement and review safeguarding procedures. It is definitely worth printing out and having a copy in front of you- https://www.nspcc.org.uk/services-and-resources/research-and-resources/2017/are-they-safe/
Only 5 sleeps until our ECVYS AGM and 2 course supper (kindly provided by the Guides). If you are coming along then please email Sharon asap so that we can make sure there will be enough food.
If you are member and are coming along then we would love you to bring a pop up banner and some promo with you too so that we can display the work of our members.
…..There will also be the chance on the night to win a signed David Essex shirt so don’t miss out!!
Dear Members, we are currently going through the process to become a charity- yayy! We hope that by becoming a charity we can open up more opportunities and developments for ECVYS and the voluntary youth sector in the future.
This means that our current constitution needs to change slightly so that it is in line with charity guidance. The constitution now looks like a very long document but our core aims have not changed. Our main purpose is still ‘To improve the quality of life and the personal and social development of young people primarily but not exclusively aged 11-25′.
As a member lead organisation we will need to vote on our new constitution at our AGM on the 14th June so please have a read of our NEW CONSTITUTION HERE and email email@example.com if you have any comments that you would like to make.
Thank you once again for your support – Rachel, ECVYS Director